Thursday, December 29, 2011

GOOD NEWS!

                                                         Resurrection, 1995

I just received an email from my publisher, Lou Aronica of Fiction Studio Books, saying he has read the synopsis and first one hundred pages of my next novel, Fiesta of Smoke, and wants to publish it! It reads:

Happy New Year. I've had the chance to read the portion and synopsis for Fiesta of Smoke, and I think you have a winner. The quality of your writing is as strong as ever, but I think the story has the potential to reach a much wider audience. I'd be glad to put it on the Fiction Studio Books list.

We had discussed this possibility previously, and he will need the completed manuscript sometime around the end of March or beginning of April, which means I'll have to write like the wind. I apologize, in advance, if there are some days when I don't post a new piece to this blog. To reward your patience with that, I'll post short excerpts, from time to time, of the work in progress. I'll be most interested in your opinion! Fiesta of Smoke is a book close to my heart. I've been working on it for almost 30 years! So stay tuned: I hope to have Fiesta of Smoke in your hands by July.

This is an exciting way to end one year and begin the next! I wish each one of you an auspicious New Year, filled with wonderful surprises and a rich abundance of those things dear to your heart.

                                                           Ra, 1995

No comments: