Friday, November 11, 2011

Quote of the Day

If you do not express your own original ideas, if you do not listen to your own being, you will have betrayed yourself.
--Rollo May

Friends, I awoke this morning to this email from my publisher:  "Commune just broke the Kindle top 100 at #95. This is fantastic news. Congratulations." As you can imagine, I'm ecstatic! I want to thank each one of you, personally and from my heart, for supporting Commune of Women in the many ways that you have.

And I want you to know that Commune of Women was birthed through a firestorm of difficulties, some of them economic, some of them from critics, some of my own making--doubts, internal pressures, gnawing decisions. Please, whatever you do, whatever your passion, never forget Rollo May's warning, above. Those difficulties you experience? They're birth pangs. Painful, long, terrible, sometimes. But each of us has the right and the duty to birth what's biggest and best in us. Thank you, each one of you, for assisting in the birth of Commune of Women!

Warmest regards,  Suzan

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Suzan, on such a marvelous achievement!