Monday, October 17, 2011

Quote of the Day


As if I'd slept a thousand years underwater I wake into a new season. I am the blue lotus rising. I am the cup of dreams and memory opening -- I, the thousand petaled flower. At dawn the sun rises naked and new as a babe; I open myself and am entered by light. This is the joy, the slow awakening into fire as one by one the petals open, as the fingers that held tight the secret unfurl. I let go of the past and release the fragrance of flowers.
--Normandi Ellis, translator of the Egyptian Book of the Dead



Signs of Life:
I owe the above quote to Julie Gillentine (Loar), in whose book Messengers: Among the Stars, Stones and Legends the Ancient Wisdom Dwells I discovered it. (Julie's book can be ordered at Queen of Cups, Inc., email:  julieloar@centurytel.net; Normandi Ellis's book Awakening Osiris: the Egyptian Book of the Dead is available through Amazon.) You might also enjoy Julie's book, Goddesses for Every Day: Exploring the Wisdom and Power of the Divine Feminine Around the World, that draws together astrology and goddess mythology in a reading for every day of the year. It can be ordered from new World Library, at 415-884-2100, Ext. 52.

No comments: