Saturday, January 28, 2012

Being True



Be true to your work, your word, and your friend.
--Henry David Thoreau

Many thanks to all who attended yesterday's reading of Commune of Women at Columbia College, to the college librarian Wendy Griffiths-Bender for inviting me, to Gail Segerstrom for designing such a beautiful poster for the event and especially to my husband, David Roberson, for his constant and loving support which included, in this case, lugging a bag full of books from car to library. Fortunately, it was a sell-out and the bag was empty on the return journey. To the many friends who took time out of their busy lives to be there for me -- there are no words! You are the gold standard among friends and a deep and true blessing in my life. And to "all my friends who I don't even know," as my mother used to say, I was delighted to make your acquaintance and hope to cross paths with you again, soon. It was a joy, after being as true to the voices of the women of Commune of Women as I could possibly be, and the work of bringing them into the world, to have them received with such rapt attention and so warmly. My heartfelt thanks to all!

No comments: